Friday, July 28, 2017

Christmas Trio with Katrina Thompson

Hello and Welcome. Today I am sharing my last, in a set of 3 Christmas cards, using the beautiful new Let Every Day Be Christmas range created by Tina Higgins. For this card I have created a Step Card with a centre display.
I love this style of card and this one can easily be created in 30mins, including cutting your own template. Having the centre display allows you to showcase the design elements and for this card I have incorporated Hot Foil Stamping, the A4 Paper Pad and Ephemera. I hope you enjoy. K

 
 
 
 
Using the Matt Gold Foil board I have cut the new Merry Christmas Decorative Die.
 
Using the new Ornate Christmas Frame Hot Foil Stamp, I have foiled the satin finish blue over the Matt Gold Foil board and trimmed around the outer and inner edges to create a frame.
 
 
With the Die cutting and foiling complete I have selected a few pieces from the Ephemera collection. I have trimmed around the outer edges to enhance the images and one placing them on the card I decide which leaves I might trim off to fit the design and the frame.
 
 
I have used a sheet of the A4 Ultimate Crafts Cardstock in Snow White to create the Step Base.
I have made the width of this card 14.70cm. The centre panel being 9.7cm and the 2 side steps being 2.5cm each. Use the entire length of the cardstock, which when scored in half will be 14.8 cm. This gives a nice proportion with plenty of room to create on your centre display.
 
 
I found these 2 prints from the A4 Paper Pad to blend well, while giving a good contrast in colour.
Using the dimensions from my Step Base I cut the panels accordingly, giving a 2mm edge all around. Consider which design elements from the A4 papers you wish to feature, ie. I wanted the bird centred on the main panel and the floral pieces matching in placement for the 2 side panels.


Once cut, I inked around the edges in a coordinating colour. Using a dauber will ensure a soft effect.
                                            Attach flat to each of the panels ready to embellish.
 
 
As pictured, attach your frame central over the bird image and the smaller cluster of flowers in the top right corner. Cut the set of 2 large white roses to separate each flower. Attach the smaller half rose in the bottom left corner of the frame area and the larger full rose I have attached to the inside of the card to carry the design through the card. Attach the final ephemera flower and foliage piece overlapping the half rose, then the Merry Christmas to finish.
 
 
Thankyou so much for looking. Now the Christmas Card Trio is complete and I am looking forward to sharing a new creation soon.  
 
Happy Creating, K x
 
 
 PRODUCTS USED
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment